Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
- adidas set to release three new Parley running shoes on May 10
- adidas x Parley Run for the Oceans digital event brings the movement closer to its global community
- Four Major League Soccer (MLS) teams to wear jerseys made from Parley Ocean Plastic™ on pitch this weekend as a sign of support for the oceans
today reiterated its commitment to help end marine plastic pollution as part of its partnership with Parley For The Oceans. On May 10, #adidas
is set to release three new running shoes, created with Parley Ocean Plastic™, making #adidas
x Parley footwear more readily available to consumers around the world. Two years into its partnership with Parley, this product launch is yet another step in the company’s commitment to create one million pairs of shoes made from up-cycled marine plastic in 2017.
, our core belief is that through #sport
, we have the power to change lives,” commented Kasper Rorsted, #adidas
CEO. “This becomes particularly relevant when we talk about the impact we have with our sustainability work. We are one of the very few companies that integrate sustainability into their business model, which becomes most visible in the fact that we take sustainability to the product level. But we do not stop there. We not only see sustainability as an opportunity to get a competitive advantage. We see it as an obligation for us as a global company to do business in a responsible and sustainable way.”
Following last year’s launch of adidas’ first products made from Parley Ocean Plastic™, #adidas
today unveiled details on the upcoming Parley editions of #ultraboost
X and #ultraboost
Uncaged. Using intercepted marine plastic, #adidas
is turning threat into thread to create high performance products, including swimming and outdoor items that were released earlier this year. Find more information at adidas.com/parley.
In addition, two major activations are planned to continue to raise awareness for the state of the oceans:
- adidas is calling on its global community to sign up for the #adidas x Parley Run for the Oceans, a global digital activation taking place around World Oceans Day 2017 (June 5-11). To find out more and sign up, please visit adidas.com/runfortheoceans.
- On Sunday, April 23, following the inception of the #adidas x Parley Real Madrid and Bayern Munich jerseys in November 2016, four MLS teams will take the pitch in game jerseys made from Parley Ocean Plastic™. The unique kits will be worn when New York City FC hosts Orlando City SC and when LA Galaxy welcomes Seattle Sounders at Yankee Stadium and StubHub Center, respectively.
"Every second breath we take is generated by the Oceans,” commented Cyrill Gutsch, Founder of Parley for the Oceans. “And still, we are destroying them in rapid speed. Together with #adidas
we achieved the impossible and turned the severe threat of marine plastic pollution into an opportunity for the whole industry. We established Parley Ocean Plastic™ as a premium material, a symbol of change, a flag for a strategy that can end the problem for good: Parley AIR. Avoid, Intercept and Redesign.”
The company also released its 2016 Sustainability Progress Report, the 17th edition published so far. The report is an annual overview of achievements and challenges, outlining #adidas
2020 targets in reaching its six strategic priorities: from using more sustainable materials in its production, to tackling the ever-growing issue of water scarcity or the empowerment of its supply chain workers, among others. It is available on the company’s website.